EUROSTARS PROJECT OFFICER – (INTERNSHIP)
Eurostars is a one billion euro joint funding programme between EUREKA and the European Commission, co-funded from the national budgets of 36 Eurostars-participating countries and partner countries and by the European Union through its Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme.
This role offers an excellent first introduction to public administration, research funding, programme management and international cooperation. As part of a small, international and dedicated team, you will quickly progress through the induction process and under the guidance and support of colleagues, you will take part in the evaluation processes or the monitoring of a portfolio of R&D projects involving companies from across Europe and beyond.
- S/he will follow-up the administrative and technical activities of the assigned Eurostars projects.
- S/he will guide the applications through the evaluation & monitoring processes to ensure timely delivery of milestones and objectives.
- S/he will contribute to writing reports, technical guidelines, presentations and general correspondence.
- S/he will take an active customer service role, dealing directly with the requests and questions of project participants as well as representatives from the different Member States.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A university degree in management or scientific fields will be given priority.
- Fully conversant with Office 365, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- An ability to produce analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data.
- A high level of fluency in English, written and spoken.
- An ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms.
- A positive, flexible and highly-motivated team-player, but with the ability to work independently and manage their own deadlines.
- As a member of a multicultural team, diplomacy and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- An exceptional administrator, well organised andable to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
INDEMNITY AND CONDITIONS
- This is an entry-level traineeship with a six-month contract. The traineeship is paid through Bruxelles Formation and subject to Belgian law as a ‘convention d’immersion professionelle.’ The indemnity varies depending on the age of the successful candidate, but an average monthly amount would be approximately 790 euros plus meal vouchers.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in in the European Union.
APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
Please send an e-mail application with a CV (maximum 2 sides A4) and covering letter, including your full name and the words ‘EUROSTARS PROJECT OFFICER’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending an application, candidates give their consent to their diplomas and references being verified.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 11 April 2019 at 17:00 CEST
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. Interviews are planned to commence immediately after the submission deadline.
The internship will begin as soon as possible – likely May 2018.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.