Switzerland and The Netherlands are two active countries in Eurostars. They want to increase the Swiss -Dutch cooperation in innovation and are therefore announcing a Promotional Call for Project Ideas within the Eurostars programme. The call focuses on developing innovative products and applications with a strong market potential. Although Eurostars calls are open for projects within all technology areas, in this Swiss-Dutch promotional call a special focus is given to:
Microfluidics in life science applications
- Optional submission of project outline for eligibility check till January 1st, 2017
- Deadline for submission of draft application for a formal review: February 1st, 2017
- Deadline for submission of final Eurostars application: March 2nd, 2017
The project partners are invited to present joint proposals for industrial, close-to-the-market R&D projects according to the Eurostars criteria:
- The main partner (the co-ordinator of the project) is a R&D performing SME.
- The consortium includes at least one Swiss and one Netherlands organisation, of which at least one is a R&D performing SME. Other SMEs, large enterprises and research institutes/universities are welcome to participate as additional participants or subcontractors. However, at least 50% (excluding subcontracting costs) of the project must be performed by the participating R&D performing SME(s).
- Industrial and innovation actors from other countries may also participate, as long as they are funded through their own national (Eurostars) schemes or participate with own resources.
- The project demonstrates the contribution of the participants from both countries on an equal base, and the project is equally significant to all participants. One country cannot represent more than 75% of the project budget.
- The project has a civil purpose.
Submission and approval procedures
Recommended for first-time applicants:
- Submit a joint project outline: Send a short description of your application, using the project outline form, to the Eurostars contact persons at SERI and RVO before 1st of January, 2017. The project outlines will be screened and a first synchronized feedback will be communicated to the consortium within two weeks to assist you in developing a draft application.
For all applicants:
- SERI and RVO offer a formal review of the draft application if it is send to SERI and RVO no later than the 1st of February, 2017.
- In order to submit the full application, you must register on the Eurostars website, starting January 1st, 2017, and upload your proposal directly in the Eurostars application platform according to the joint Eurostars guidelines (www.eurostars-eureka.eu/home/guidelines) before the 2nd of March, 2017 (20:00 CET).
Full proposals submitted will compete against any other proposal submitted within the Eurostars programme. The Dutch funding for the 7th call in Eurostars is approximately 9.1 million Euro. For Switzerland, the funding is up to 4.5 million Euro. Both Switzerland and The Netherlands will fund their own participants within the Eurostars framework.
Main aspects of the funding criteria: