The Republic of Korea and the Kingdom of the Netherlands are two active countries in Eurostars and want to increase the number of Korean-Dutch project proposals. Therefore, Korea and The Netherlands are announcing a Promotional Call for Project Ideas within the Eurostars programme. The call focuses on developing innovative products and applications with a strong market potential.
Although Eurostars is open for projects within all technology areas, a special focus is given in this call to the following domain:
- High Tech Systems and Materials (Robotics, IoT appliances, advanced materials, smart chips and semiconductors, etc.)
The Call will be launched on the 22nd of May 2017 by KIAT and RVO and invites partners to present a full proposal in the 8 th Eurostars call on September, 14th .
Eligible partners are invited to present joint proposals for industrial R&D projects according to the following criteria:
- The main partner (the co-ordinator of the project) must be a research and development performing SME.
- The partners should include at least one Dutch and one Korean organisation, of which at least one is a R&D performing SME. Other SMEs, large enterprises and research institutes/universities are welcome to participate as additional participants or subcontractors according to each country’s funding regulations. However, at least 50% of the project must be performed by the participating R&D performing SMEs.
- Industrial and innovation actors from other countries may also participate, but they will not be funded by KIAT or RVO. They can, however, be funded through their own national (Eurostars) schemes or participate with own resources.
- The project should comply with the goals of the Eurostars programme.
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both countries on an equal base, and the project must be equally significant to all participants. One country cannot represent more than 75% of the project budget.
- The project must have a civil purpose. Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present announcement in accordance with the national Laws, Rules, Regulations and Procedures in effect.
This is a promotional call for project ideas: there is no specific budget dedicated to this. The funding comes from the national programmes in Eurostars. Full proposals submitted will compete against any other proposal submitted within the Eurostars programme. Both Korea and The Netherlands will fund its eligible participants within the Eurostars framework, which means that funding conditions and eligibility criteria may vary.
The main aspects of the funding criteria are:
- South Korea
Project funding is comprised of government contributions and civilian dues (cash and in-kind). The amount of government contributions will vary depending on the type of executing organizations and project in accordance with Article 24 (Funding criteria) and Article 25 (Civilian dues) of the Common Operational Regulations for the Industrial Technology Innovation Programs.
A party that participates in a project shall carry out its project using the government contributions allocated to it, and for-profit organizations shall individual bear the cash portion of civilian dues.
|Classification||Share of government contributions in
executing organization’s project
|Share of cash in executing
organization’s civilian dues
|Large company||33% or less||60 or more|
|Mid-tier company||50% or less||50 or more|
|SME||67% or less||40 or more|
|Other||100%||To be bore if necessary|
- The Netherlands
Dutch partners in the consortium can be funded according to the rules of the funding programme ‘Internationaal Innoveren’ . The maximum funding for all Dutch partners in a Eurostars project is € 500.000. The funding rate differs between types or organisations and types of project activities
|Type of organisation||Funding rate for Research activities||Funding rate for Development activities|
|University or research institute||50%||25%|
Submission and approval procedures
- In order to submit the full proposal, you should register and up-load your Eurostars application directly on the Eurostars application platform according to the joint Eurostars guidelines.
- However, in order to check the eligibility of your project and assist you with improving your application, we advise you to share your project outline with the Eurostars contact person in KIAT and RVO prior to the call deadline