The EUREKA Secretariat is looking for a talented and ambitious Junior Project Officer to join its Programme Implementation Department. This is an entry level position with a contract for six months, renewable. It would be an ideal first step for a career in public administration.
Within the legal requirements of the Eurostars Funding programme, the Junior project Officer will follow up the assigned projects through the monitoring process:
- Verification of Consortium Agreements
- Process and follow-up of Project Progress Reports
- Undertake ‘change requests’
- Process and follow-up of Project Final Reports
- Provide initial impact analysis on the portfolio
Responsible as a primary point of contact for the project funded SMEs and the national funding agencies.
Responsible for proactively identifying potential problems and delays as soon as they arise, propose potential solutions, and implement the directed actions. He/she will participate to the continuous improvement of programme procedures and documentation and support the team’s work in lines with its competencies.
The intern is a team player, who quickly integrates into a young and motivated team and likes to deliver solutions with the team. He/she will be committed to providing excellence in customer service, have excellent communication skills and possesses a high level of personal motivation and energy. He/she will also have an inventive mind, a positive approach and the organisational ability to cope with the challenge of daily deadlines, changing priorities and a fast paced environment.
He/she has a “can-do” attitude.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Scientific or technical or economic (BSc or Higher) education
- High level of precision and organisation
- Excellent practical knowledge of MS Office or an equivalent
- At ease with understanding/producing basic statistical analyses
- Ability to produce an objective analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data
- English: high degree of fluency (including professional and technical/economic terminology)
- Ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms (written and verbal)
- Awareness of cultural sensitivities and diplomacy
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
This internship offers a 6 month term contract from the agreement date of ‘Bruxelles Formation’, renewable. The position attracts a gross monthly salary of 750 EUR/month, subject to Belgian taxation. Fringe benefits such as meal vouchers will be granted.
APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
Candidates will be nationals of a EUREKA Member Country and will be legally entitled to work in the European Union. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a full CV with a covering letter in English detailing reasons why you think you are the best candidate for the job. Only email applications will be accepted, with ‘Internship – Junior Project Officer’ in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have further questions, please contact Matteo Fedeli, email@example.com or +32 (0)2 777 09 50.
Closing date: Friday, 11 August 2017
Interviews are planned for the week after the closing date. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Start date of the internship: asap. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.